Thursday, June 18, 2009

Friday Finds!

I spent most of my free time this week finishing up and editing that short story, which paid off well. I have a little tweaking to do, and then I'll be ready to submit - well before the deadline, which is a nice feeling.

As a consequence, I didn't have much time for internet surfing, but I did find a couple good things:

Great article from Mundania Press on Promotion and Branding


Hidden benefits of blogging
from Duct Tape Marketing



I've also been test driving HootSuite for Twitter - recommended by Dani of Blog Book Tours

So far, I think it's the best of the applications I've tried for keeping up with Twitter. If it had groups, I'd be in love.

I prefer a web based app, because I can use that from anywhere and it's less hassle when working on my own computer. On the other hand, I REALLY like several of the bells and whistles that Tweetdeck and Twitterfon have - namely the ability to easily click and RT, and Tweetdeck's built in url squisher. The biggest problem I have with Tweetdeck is that setting up the groups is a big hassle, and I can't tell if I have all my followers into one group or another, there's no leftovers list. ALSO - Tweetdeck is still listing people I stopped following ages ago, so it's sloppy.

HootSuite has the one click RT, url squisher, web base, and some other nice features, including the ability to manage more than one Twitter account from the same place.

(If anyone knows an app besides Tweetdeck that does groups? I would LOVE to hear about it)


Also, in great news, I got a fabulous review from Whipped Cream Reviews

Photobucket



Have a great weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Enid Wilson said...

Congratulations on getting a great review. And about your twitter apps, you are sounding like a prof now! Sigh, I'm still not very good at twitter.

In Quest of Theta Magic